Monday, April 2, 2012

Building on a Budget

There are no doubt plenty of people who would love to play Mobile Frame Zero but are unwilling or unable to shell out the money for the parts to build chubs or other great looking frames. Luckily for them Micah Bauer has come up with an ingenious solution, and it's called Component Six (or C6).

The premise is that each of these mechs can be built with only six different pieces, all of which are extremely common to anyone who has some legos laying around. As of right now he has three mechs put together, and here they are:




I hope that he keeps the designs coming, because this is a huge draw for people that are building on a budget.

6 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea, and his work is brilliant, but the third design -- the gunship -- shows one minor weakness with this idea. Only relying on the same six parts leaves no room for things like flight stands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the premise being able to find the parts for these guys in the legos you already have, I think most people would be able to piece together a base or flight stand with something.

      Delete
  2. These look pretty damn good once they have weapon kits loaded up. I'm going to try and get my not-quite-5 year old to try and sit still long enough tonight to bash some together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance that someone who knows who they're doing can post some breakdowns of the various weapon configs? Or higher-res renders? This n00b can't figure them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have anything specific in mind (either my design or something else you've found) send me a link and I'll see if I can help you figure it out. micah at mjbauer dot com.

    ReplyDelete